We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer has stopped working (again!)

geedad

Likes # 0

"Internet Explorer has stopped working", "and a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly" This is a message that is beginning to haunt me, and despite the message about a solution from Windows, nothing ever cures it! I have tried one of the suggestions in Tools, etc, but I can't remember what I did. I am using Window 7 Home premium, 64 bit, i5 Intel processor, 500HD. All drivers are up to date, and I regularly Cclean and check for viruses etc., Is there a Proper solution to this annoying situation? geedad

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Try this:IE

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I find that Internet Explorer as become very unstable in whatever latest version. No matter what you try to do, the problems still seems to appear.

Have you tried other browsers, so to help get rid of this problem. I use Firefox and Google Chrome more nowadays.

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

gengiscant. I have gone thru the suggestions on the link you offered. I have done the first advice, and only time will tell me i f it is OK, and thank you again. geedad spuds. Thank you for your suggestion. geedad

Like this post
feb

Likes # 0

Hi geedad, are you using the 32 bit or the 64 bit explorer? I had a similar problem using the 64 bit explorer and now use the 32 bit version without problem, It's still windows 7 64 bit!

Like this post
SB23

Likes # 0

I have to agree with spuds. I stopped being able to access the forum via IE months ago. The error messages were every few mins, and not just on this forum. Pages that had loaded ok before just didn't work. My answer was to swap to Mozilla, and I wish I had moved to it sooner. I've not had one error.

Steve

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers