We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Quicken 2000 and Windows 7 Professional

ffordd

Likes # 0

I am about to replace my computer base unit and I am a big fan of Quicken 2000. Has anyone had any experience of a straight forward loading of the 2000 programme from the original disc with the OS 7 professional 64 bit?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps not the answers that you are looking for, but there appears to be some contradictions about Windows 7 and Quicken 2000 compatibility.

There are a number of various postings on this subject on the internet. Here is a couple http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/11893-63-loading-quicken-2000-windows http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f9/quicken-2000-a-222904

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There have been numerous threads about this on this forum. This seems to be the most successful Quicken in Windows 7 but straight forward and Quicken and Windows 7 doesn't seem to be the case.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

ffordd ,

Hi, In have Quicken 2004 and Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, and had no problem installing it straight in. However, I have some shares and Qicken withdrew support 3rd December 2008. I looked round couldn't see anything so continued with Quicken but a few weeks ago found a post about MS Money still doing share updating. I haven't done anything about it yet - although I have done the download - as I have been having problems with one particular backup programme that everyone says is OK, but they are just about to return the purchase price to me because it won't work on my computer, so I would suggest that if you wish share price updates that - unfortunately - you give Money a go and dump Quicken. Especially as Money accepts Quicken files, just a thought!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...