We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

download folder?

podlod
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi,my software downloads set upsare not being transferred automatically into my special downloads folder as before, in order as to when i can open the software in question when I am ready to. Please explain how i can choose the folder where my internet downloads go. Thank you.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

What browser are you using ?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Using I/E It should give you a choice when downloading and saving where you want them to go.

Just click on the browse button I think it is then choose where you want it to go.

If you are using Firefox just go to Tools.Options.general.And where it says save files to.Just click the browse button and choose where you want them to go.

Like this post  
gengiscant

Likes # 0

As buteman has said IE8, which you are using as you have XP as your operating system, will ask you where you want to save the download to, and then it is just a question of clicking the browse button and finding the folder. But if my memory serves me you prefer to use Firefox so again I defer to buteman.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks buteman, done and dusted. You should know Glenn, you placed it there for me.

Thanks all again
Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...