We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Registrey Cleaners??

Hetti
Resolved

Likes # 0

When I recent PC problems (which I posted on here)I got in touch with Microsoft also but before they replied to my email requesting support I had performed a clean install of Win Vista. Now this morning I got phone call from Microsoft to evaluate customer satifaction, duing the call the agent asked if I had used any registrey cleaners, I had used Tune up Utilities and he suggested this was the cause of the problems as he said "Microsoft issue updates that the software manufacuers are not aware of therefore the Registry cleaners delete them" This is what he thinks happened in my case.

Im no way computer savvy but this sounds as if it could be the case here, so my question is do I need a reg cleaner and is it safe to run one?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I am not a big fan of Registry Cleaners as in my opinion they can cause more problems than do good. The only one I ever use and infrequently is the one within CCleaner.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I agree with northumbtai61, leave Reg Cleaners alone apart from use of CCleaner, which I use on a regular basis.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Agree with both comments above.

If you do use CCleaner registry check, and you are not sure about deleting the items it as highlighted, then post the results on the forum for help as to what to do next!.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...