We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why is my USB hub not working?

kimtrnc

Likes # 0

Until a couple of weeks ago, I was able to use either of my graphics tablets, in order to use Corel Painter 12. Both subsequently decided they would not play.

I thought the hub must have packed up (standard AC powered from mains)So I assumed the USB stick had packed up - if only it had been that simple! - and bought another hub. Neither of my tablets will work. The new hub has a lot of pretty blue lights, but doesn't actually do anything!

Now, I used to assume that I could solve MOST problems, but clearly I am now virtually senile. Could I have inadvertently turned something off? Any other ideas? I really need my drawing pad, as I am fortunate enough to sell some of my work. Anybody have any ideas, please.(Running XPSP2-never a problem before!)

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Any chance of trying your tablets and/or hubs on another PC to rule out faults with either?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

System Restore?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Plug tablets direct into PC USB and bypass the hub, do they then work?

Like this post
kimtrnc

Likes # 0

System Restore - yes.

Otherwise,don't know!I think it may be a problem with my new Pixma, which doesn't want to run on XP. And no,I DO NOT intend to go back to 7 - I HATE it. Thanks for your advice.lads - I will let you know how I do!

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Did you try plugging tablet direct into PC and not through the hub?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

First things first.

Upgrade to Windows XP Sp3. It is probably necessary for the Pixima and also for the Graphics Tablets.

Question: Do you know if your USB Ports are USB1 or USB2?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Ghost device conflicts can occur for devices that are plugged in and out like USB sticks external drives graphic pads etc.

Remove all USB devices

Download and run USB device View

Uninstall ALL devices that are shown as not connected.

Reboot the machine.

Plug in your USB device and windows should then find new hardware and reinstall the drivers for the device.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?