We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DG834Gv3 and WG602v3 linking

Maxjonz

Likes # 0

I have seen this problem in this and other forums but not yet seen a satisfactory answer !
I have set my Static IP address on my PC to 192.168.0.210 using the DG834 modem, but cannot see how to set the Subnet address of the PC anywhere. However when I give the DOS command ipconfig /all I get the following

Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1B-B9-89-FB-3A DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.128.250 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Wireless COnnection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : TP-LINK 11b/g Wireless Adapter Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-78-75-B6-08 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.210 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1 DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . :192.168.0.1
so the Ethernet connection does not appear to be 192.168.0.210 only the wireless Address. So it looks as if I have two problems - how to make the ethernet connection 192.168.0.210 and how to make its subnet mask 255.255.255.0 as required before I can connect to the WG602. Does anyone have any ideas or clues please ? I am pretty competent with PCs but this one seems to have foxed me !

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

You don't configure the IP address inside the router but inside the laptop/desktop PC instead which is going to be used to configure the WG602. (Reset the router to its original settings) My WG602V4 used to connecting to a DG804G

Go to the laptop/desktop PC's network adapter properties (you didn't mention which OS) , fix the IP address to 192.168.0.210 and then connect the WG602 to it using an ethernet cable. Power up the WG602 and make sure that the LAN light is lit.

I believe you've the WG602 manual already, here is how to configure IP address in a Vista PC click here (Win7 is similar ,XP is simpler)

Like this post
Maxjonz

Likes # 0

Ahaaaa thanks very much - I am using W2000 pro and found the necessary place to enter the IP addy via the network and dial up connections icon. I can now access the WG602 - all I need to do now is make the entries needed to link the two devices together.

If I have any more problems I will use this thread.

Thanks again

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more