We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

philips tv firmware

stubrow

Likes # 0

Hi All

Not strictly a pc related question but help required have updated firmware on philips tv as recommended on philips site via usb stick via download to pc tv said all was good when i uploaded it but tv now not working properly has anyone else had any experience of this ?

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Yep. I had to scrap the TV.

Updating the firmware in my case was non-reversible. Not a good idea.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

If recommended on their site, do you have a warranty claim?

Assuming correct model and firmware downloaded of course.

Longshot may be to see if the original firmware still available on the web somewhere.

Like this post
stubrow

Likes # 0

sorry you had to scrap tv Graham sounds a bit drastic Tv still working in my case just not responding properly to remote etc

Tv 3 yrs old not in warranty have been in touch with philips apologetic but not much use have tried to find older firmware to no avail

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Make model No. of TV?

I suggest you try a factory reset of the TV.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Possibly a stupid suggestion as you probably need the remote to do it :0)

1- Press Home, 2- Select [Setup] > [Installation] > [Factory settings], 3- Press play to enter the [Factory settings] menu [Reset] is highlighted, 4- Press OK to reset to default settings. 5- Press Home to exit.

for 42 in models

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Factory reset does not work. It won't remember the original firmware.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No but was hoping it might kick the infra red sensor back to life :0)

Like this post
stubrow

Likes # 0

Sorry havent responded not been around but futher to Fruit bats suggestion the remote does work to an extent but more often than not doesnt do what it should be doing I can get channels but once tv is on remote will not change channels volume etc and cannot get any menus up to do any sort of reset

Thanks for responses

Like this post
stubrow

Likes # 0

Oh and the tv is a philips 32 pfl 7623d

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Philips suggest you call them in case of upgrade error.

They are open tomorrow, and until 8pm weekdays.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK