We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost Windows 7 Ultimate x64 disc

smiiithy2009
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all,

When Windows 7 launched I hosted a launch party and recieved a free copy of W7u as well as all the other goodies. At the time I installed W7u 32.

I'm now getting a new laptop and would like to install W7u 64. I can't find the disc for the 64 version, but still have the 32 disc and serial key. Will this work on the 64 version?

If not, is there a way of me getting a replacement?

Many thanks,

Smiiithy

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

If you've used the disk once, you can't use it again for a different laptop. Can't you ask for the 64bit version to be installed on the new one?

Like this post
smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

I won't be using the 32-bit version once I get the new machine and install the 64-bit. Won't that work?

It will probably come with Windows 7 Home premium on.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

Burn yourself another ClickHere Official download links. You will have to look at the EULA that you have for your present product key to see if it is only for one pc at a time.

Like this post  
smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

Thanks. Is Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 U (media refresh) the right option to use with my Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition serial?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

I would have thought Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 U (media refresh) X17-59465.iso. You did scroll down to the English Version?

You can always try it out on a spare harddrive to see if your key is accepted on the install.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 1

Like this post
smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

Yeah of course your right. Don't know how I made that mistake.

I don't think I'll be able to launch the 64-bit install as I only have to 2gig of RAM?

Here is my original disc which says 32-bit. I've read they have both on though?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

ClickHere "Windows retail license can be reused when reinstalling, no need to call Microsoft. Signature Edition is a normal retail licence of Windows 7 Ultimate, so you are good to go. In some rare cases when reinstalling retail Windows the activation does not work at first. In this case you get the option to activate by phone. Following instructions given on screen you can then activate Windows."

Windows 7 system requirements http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/products/system-requirements

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...