We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SX-200 Epson printer (3-in-one)

the hick

Likes # 0

Just had call from daughter, away at college, that printer is not recognising genuine Epson cartridges. She had previously been using compatibles, but they started to give trouble, so tried genuine items. I am at a loss as to what to advise her on this. Any advice on possible solutions to this problem would be much appreciated.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Click Here for the Epson trouble shooting page for that model not recognising cartridges.

Like this post
the hick

Likes # 0

An update two months on! - chub_tor, thankyou for the link. Daughter now at home for the hols., so further look at printer trouble and her Macbook. It is now stating a 'Communications Error'. I have tried an Epson SX415 we also have, and that gives the same error message. Does anyone know if Macs are prone to trouble with Epsons, I am somewhat baffled? I have used both these 3-in-1's with ordinary PC's and had little trouble. I feel a visit to PC World for another printer may be required, but wish to avoid if possible. Any help would be appreciated, thankyou.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I don't have a Mac but I presume that you have loaded the correct Mac drivers on the machine. You can get these for the SX415 from here

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Should have added that the drivers for the SX200 are here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes