We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Amending Word style pre-set

xania
Resolved

Likes # 0

Using Office 2007, whenever I open a new document it sets the style to Normal, but I want it to set the style to No spacing. Yes, I know I simply have to click a single key on the home ribbon, but my boss wants this to happen automatically on her PC. How can I amend this, please.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

You could do something like I have done is open a new document do all the alterations you want then use "save as" give it a title save it to the desktop or somewhere. Then when the document is opened you are good to go, remembering to save it as something else once you have completed the doc.

I have one doc set up with a certain personal details,address and the like also spacing/font etc has been set.Other docs, templates I believe they are called, set up differently, but all kept in a folder on the desktop for ease of use.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

You just need to amend the Normal Template, and then al new documents will open with those settings

Here's how

Change Normal Template

Like this post  
xania

Likes # 0

Thanks Sea Urchin - I was looking in totally the wrong place.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Very usefulSea Urchin, wish I had known about this earlier.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded