We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Has this site been hijacked by Microsoft

xania
Resolved

Likes # 0

Many times today I have tried to read a link from the main page only to find my screen full of an advert from Micropsoft and no way to go except to open the advert. I have to go back two or three times before the advert goes away.

Had the same trouble last Friday

What's going on.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Unfortunately as it is not now possible to search the forums after the site "upgrade/improvement?" you are unable to find the several other posts on the intrusive advertising that PCAdvisor has embraced lately which means that a lot of people are being bothered by the ads. Get a good adblocker program. I use this.Stop annoy ads

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Previous discussions.

Note while messing with Linux yesterday, I did see the Microsoft Ad in Firefox.

It splits the screen, but there was an 'X' (close) in the top right.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

robinofloxley - the problem is that the advert does not have that option. In fact all you can do isd click on the advert, which, of course, merely opens the advert, or hit the back key and try again.

gengiscant - I'll try this on my home PC, but cannot on my work PC (where I sometimes need to access this site officially) where I don't have admin rightrs for reasons I cannot go into.

I really would like to hear from FE on this one, because we shouldn't have to resolve their problems for them.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

xania

Have a read of these threads Link 1 Link 2 and you will see the management are aware and acting

Like this post  
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Use Firefox and Adblock Plus and you won't see any of this "rubbish"

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Also try Ghostery..it works very well

http://www.ghostery.com/

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Thanks bremner

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings