We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Clarkdale Integrated Graphics

bpzoom
Resolved

Likes # 0

Sorry to ask what might be a daft question but what exactly is Clarkdale Integrated Graphics and how would I know if I had it on my machine? I am asking because DELL are suggesting a new driver R253248. I cannot see whether or not it exists on my machine. I have got a ATI Radeon HD 540 video card. Is Clarkdale Integrated Graphics video software integrated with the motherboard?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Ask Dell.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at display adapters in Device Manger. Integrated means it's on-board. They sell the machines so tell them your problem. You should get a decent reply off Dell.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Clarkdale was the code name for a generation of Intel Core i3 and Core i5 processors. Simply, what you're seeing is that you have the integrated graphics that are part of the Clarkdale processor architecture - because your PC uses (I assume) that generation of processor. However, if, as you say, you have got an ATI Radeon card, then I'm not sure why you'd want/need to mess with a driver for the integrated graphics. My recommendation? If you don't have a problem, leave well alone.

Like this post
bpzoom

Likes # 0

Ian, Thank you, I will take your advice! Brian

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites