We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need Some Help on the Rig Setup I Got Here

super92

Likes # 0

got a setup that i want you to check out just to make sure if it's going to work out.

just not sure about DDR3 , the sockets are in different colors. Are they both the same or not ?

MB Asus P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 Motherboard (Socket 1155, ATX, DDR3, Quad USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s Support) I would like the mb to last a few years. Meaning i would like to be able to put new gear into it for a few years :P not too sure if this one is good for it tho

RAM Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B 16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Blu Memory Four Module Kit 16gb because 12gb is about £8 cheaper. So i thought i might as well have that extra 4gb. (will it stress the mb alot more than 12gb?)

CPU Intel Sandybridge i7-2600K Unlocked Core i7 Quad-Core Processor (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache, Socket 1155)

SSD Corsair 60GB SSD Corsair Nova Series 2 Solid State Drive - Read 270MB/s, Write 240MB/s, 128MB Cache, Retail gonna use my old samsung ones for data storage

not sure what else would i need that i could not instal from my current pc. Unless my current PSU would not be enough. 700W PC PSU, 12cm Silent Fan, SATA, 24 pin Power, V2.2, Black Edition Power Supply

EDIT: my friend suggested that i should take the kingston ssd drive but does it make a big difference from the one i listed in this post ? Kingston drive: Kingston SSD V100 64GB SATA2 2.5inch Hard Drive

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...