We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

disconecting win 7 fron internet connection

jon2
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am new to win 7, is there a way that I can switch off my internet connection from the desktop

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

If connected by ethernet cable to a modem / router, just take out the cable plug.That way no settings are disturbed.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

File.Work Offline.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Click the internet connection in the notification area and select open network and sharing center, select change adapter setting on the left and right click Local Area Connection. Select Create a Shortcut, then you will get a bewildering notification from Windows saying it can't create a short cut here but would you like it on your desktop? Select yes. Now you have the LAN icon on the desktop just right-click it and select disable. To enable again then right-click and select enable.

Like this post  
jon2

Likes # 0

Many thanks for all your tips, I shall be giving them a try shortly.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

john bunyan's first answer has got to be the simplest if you must do it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...