We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

crash on some games

doc twit

Likes # 0

Help! I get five minutes out of these games before everything stops except a millisecond or so sound loop. All feed to monitor, everything goes down and i have to restart from button.

I have updated all drivers and am at a loss

System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Model Studio 540 System Type X86-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz, 2670 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.0.11, 02/03/2009 Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB Name Realtek High Definition Audio Manufacturer Realtek Status OK Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhda.sys (6.0.1.5663, 2.05 MB (2,153,176 bytes), 28/04/2009 23:52) Name NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Installed Drivers nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll Driver Version 8.17.12.8562

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

What games?

Like this post
SB23

Likes # 0

Are all cooling fans running, and is the pc free from dust etc? Not forgetting the PSU.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

As I see that you have also posted in the Games Forum where you have mentioned the games that are giving you problems, Fallout new Vegas and Crysis.

Fallout new Vegas unfortunately is a buggy game, I am assuming that you got it through Steam, if so right click on the game title on the left of the steam games library page and scroll down to properties.Then Local Files then verify integrity of game cache. If you did not get the game through Steam then make sure that the game is fully patched. Patches

You do not mention whether you are playing Crysis 1 or 2. Either way you will not be able to play at high settings with your graphics card.

Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.

Like this post
doc twit

Likes # 0

update- crysis 1 now runs fine after upgrading sound card. Also I downloaded nVidias monitor and found GPU running at 120 deg C. dismantled heat sink to fink roughly 3-4 tons of dust. and now- to Fallout!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......