We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ImgBurn says not enough room on disc - Magix says there is!!!

marvin42
Resolved

Likes # 0

More of a puzzle than a problem.

I use Magix Audio Cleaning Lab to clean up audio files. I then burn to file (usually 65 to 75 mins). I then like to use ImgBurn to burn a CD from the file. I have done this many times.

Recently ImgBurn has started to tell me there's not enough space on the disc but Magix burns the disc without any problem.

Anybody any idea why this is happening?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

What size is the file and 65 to75 minutes to burn max of about 700 M/bytes to disc ?

Like this post  
marvin42

Likes # 0

The CDs are rated for 80 min or 700MB. I have not previously looked at file size, only time. The file size varies from 650 ish to 808 but most of them were burnt to CD with ImgBurn - it's only the last few which have thrown up the error. I can now see why the problem arises but now can't understand why it hasn't mattered in the past!!!

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Pray do enlighten as to what is was as someone else may get the problem but cant see why it takes so long to burn glad its sorted

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

I don't really know but I'm guessing that it was the size of the files.

Sorry for the confusion - the files take about 10 mins to burn - it's the audio tracks that are 65 to 75 mins when played!! As the CDs are rated at 80 mins, I assumed there shouldn't be a problem. Once you'd pointed out the file size was important it became clear that that could be where the problem lay.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

No Prob didn't think Imgburn would be at fault

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room