We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

XP clock problem

soulboy
Resolved

Likes # 0

My XPSP3 clock won't keep time when switched off. I have tried resetting and changing which server it's supposed to use etc. but still I always seem to have travelled back to 2006 when I boot up. Cock everyuthing up and can't get into email etc. until clock has been corrected. I recently did a full format and reinstall on my C drive. As far as I know all the updates have been done.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 1

Sounds like it could be the Mobo battery?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 1

Look here...CLICK

Like this post
soulboy

Likes # 0

Right. I knew there is a battery on there. Cheers for your help. I think I might even have a spare one. Thanks a lot, guys.

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

Change the CMOS battery. I think it is CR2032. Open up the case and you will find the type of the battry.

Like this post
soulboy

Likes # 0

It will be ok to use any battery that fits like a watch battery?

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

No it should exectly be the same type as original.

Like this post  
woodchip

Likes # 0

It could also be a Faulty BIOS chip as a Cmos Battery lasts for years if its not turned off at the Mains Plug

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

View an animated vision of a better future for Ethiopian girls

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...