We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Some Excel help.

gengiscant
Resolved

Likes # 0

I would like to set up an Excel spread-sheet to keep a track of my weight which is quite important at the moment. Its quite a simple sheet in that it only has three columns. so am looking for formulas to do the following.

The first line has the date, I need that to change monthly and yes I could do that each month manually.

The second is current weight.I will obviously need to input that monthly.

The third is change over the month.

The fourth is the overall change a figure that will change over the months.

I hope I have explained myself, this is a rare foray into spread-sheets and to be honest I have not got a clue really.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Couldn't open your orginal link in Chrome but I can now see it was in Firefox.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Strange the link opens fine inIE9 for me.

Mine was just a fiver.Free delivery.Good deal.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

No need to purchase another app! You can easily produce a graph within Excel from your data, there is no need for anything else. A graph is an excellent way to display your data to show to others as it shows trends/movement at a glance.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Tell me how please compumac.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

What version of Excel are you using?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I use 2007 but would assume very similar. Start off by selecting all of the current data so that it is highlighted. On the Ribbon select "Insert" and choose "Column" and then click on a version of column being offered.

Did that work OK?

Will expand on this afterwards.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Selecting all data - Click in top left hand cell of data and drag down to bottom right cell to highlight. You probably realise this and I apologise if so.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Perfect. As there is not much info is doesn't look much but I also see that I can have a pie or bar chart. Thanks again.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I found that if you were making any presentation using a spreadsheet only there were glazed expressions on the faces of the viewers where if a graph was displayed for that same information it gave immediate impact and clarity. The following link for Office 2007 is very good if you want to investigate further in your own time and pace. There is probably one for Office 2010. That does not mean we are not available of course.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/training/2007-office-system-training-courses-HA010225533.aspx?CTT=1

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...