We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

toolbar wont go

//adz_w///

Likes # 0

hi, i know this is bad but i downloaded a you tube converter its called DVD video soft free studio i downloaded the you tube converter the DVD video soft and the CD burner

i accentually installed the tool bar to i didn't see it when it came up during the installation

ive tried uninstalling it in control panel changing the settings in google chrome uninstalling google chrome and the converter too. i dont really want to restore the computer because ive just put everything back onto it

but the toolbar wont go any ideas ?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try Toolbarcop .It's an old program but quite powerful. Read the hints and help files if unsure.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

cheers ill give it ago

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Also IOBitUninstaller has a Toolbar section

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

it didnt do anything

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Which ever uninstaller you use I think you will need to go to safe mode to remove.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

ahh we have a problem last time i booted in safe mode my computer crashed everytime i tryed to boot and i used the first one (toolbarcop)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Then don't use it.

Download Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware and update. Restart in safe mode and run. Delete all it finds in full scan.

Uninstall toolbarcop as what you've got is obviously a malware of some sorts you get with a freebie.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

it says in there forum that it isnt any type of myleware spyware etc and it doesnt seem to have done anything like my av hasn't picked anything up ive got myleware bytes on my memory stick all ready ill do a full scan and see what it comes up with

i had it before it didnt do any harm.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If the toolbar is on IE then disable it first. Reboot then run malware bytes.

Download SAS, update, and run this in safe mode.

select free version

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

i had it before it didnt do any harm.

Then why the query to get rid of it?

If it did no harm then you would leave alone but I bet the toolbar trojan is doing something to your PC. Put it this way, I would make sure it was removed one way or another.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK