We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Turn off wireless lan

trainman 2

Likes # 0

Hi is it possible to permently turn off wireless lan, my samsung laptop always starts with it enabled, there is no switch. thanking you

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"there is no switch"

Forgive me for sounding doubtful, but are you absolutely sure? Some laptop wireless adapters can be turned off using one of the 'F' keys while at the same time holding down the key marked 'Fn'.

Check the F keys to see if one of them has an icon that looks as if it may be a wireless symbol.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I have a Samsung Netbook. I can turn off the wireless and bluetooth by pressing the Fn Key and F9. I have set mine with an icon on the system tray and click to switch wireless On/Off

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

Or you can find the WiFi Adaptor in 'Connections' then right clock your mouse on it and select disable. Enable is by the same procedure.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...