We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

converting .avi to VIDEO_TS format

itbytes

Likes # 0

Hi, is it possible please to convert some of my old videos in .avi format to VIDEOTS format for playing on any DVD player,I have programs to burn DVD's for playing on any player but they only work with VIDEOTS format. Thank you for reading.

Like this post
scotty

Likes # 0

VLC is a very good free program for playing videos which also converts files from one format to another. This page describes the process: link to VLC wiki page

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

DVD Flick is a free dvd authoring program, have a read of the tutorial under Guide in Menu Bar.

enter link description here

Don't know what this one is like as well

enter link description here

You don't happen to have any dvd video as opposed to dvd data burning software on your pc already perhaps, something like Nero Vision?

As far as I know DVD video making software does the conversion from avi to vob (video ts) as part of the video making process, you don't need to convert it first you just input avi and out comes video ts.

Like this post
itbytes

Likes # 0

Hi All, many thanks for your valuable advice and suggestions... Les28....thanks for your comments, Yes I have Nero burning studio on my PC but it takes as long as the film to run to burn it and the quality is very bad...plus it reduces the file and condenses it....i.e. the film may be 110 mins long and using a 4.7 GB (120mins) DVD it reduces the size to around 700MB and quality is bad. I will try the downloads you suggest, thank you all again,

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

As said try dvd flick way better than Nero also most burners only take about 15/20mins to burn at low speed its the converting that takes the time

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK