We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

YELLOW MICROSOFT 365 ADVERT

Ventad
Resolved

Likes # 0

I appear to be on a never ending circle with the Microsoft advert for 365, it has taken me two hours to log in as this advert seems to be fully taken over each and every time that I press a command on PCA. Just been able to get on now even though the advert came before each window, anybody else got this. cannot search for a previous thread incase I lose this window!!!!!

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

'Sorted' Spyware blaster stopped the problem. No more continually going around in circles with microsoft 365, no more page freezing surely they should have checked what their advert would do, or do they consider any advertisement how ever bad is good advertisement.

Like this post  
clock

Likes # 0

Morning Ventad, I posted a "complaint" about this add a few days ago and got 1 reply!! Put pop up blocker to highest setting and it seemed to go away, but no it's back now with a vengeance!! Took me several re-tries to get on PCA site as the big yellow add takes over the whole page and won't let me move on now, even with pop up setting at highest. (Internet Explorer my Browser)

PCA site has been my homepage for several years now but am thinking of getting rid of it. Please Forum Editor will you let us know how to stop the ad, or get rid of it for us??

Clock

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

clock Download Spyblaster from filehippo. com that will sort the problem but make sure you click enable all protection. I never got the problem until I downloaded the 2007 office pack updates two days ago, I am sure that it was the updates to office started the continual cicuit of adverts.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

ventad - Doubt that it is an update to office that caused this. This is caused by whoever designed/creating the ad not getting it right and seemingly fail to test it adequately.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

These intrusive ads are REALLY getting on my wick ! PCA must be well aware of the annoyance they are causing. How about it FE, how do we dump them ???

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I can see what you mean but, I never did see the advert until I had loaded the 2007 Microsoft service packs , I downloaded them rebooted then switched off the laptop, next day for the first time the annoying split screen continual start up circuit began on PCA everytime I pressed a command button on PCA to even close it it started again. I wondered if there was an exe file in one of the patches to start it, it was even started on IE9 at the same time which I never had on threads people were saying that they have had it since september.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...