We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

YELLOW MICROSOFT 365 ADVERT

Ventad
Resolved

Likes # 0

I appear to be on a never ending circle with the Microsoft advert for 365, it has taken me two hours to log in as this advert seems to be fully taken over each and every time that I press a command on PCA. Just been able to get on now even though the advert came before each window, anybody else got this. cannot search for a previous thread incase I lose this window!!!!!

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

What browser are you using?

Also, right click your Tab for PCA and open a new or duplicate one for browsing while your PCA Tab remains 'safe'.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

robinofloxley

that appeared to change it this time but I wonder how many people have had this and moved on not to come back, it was infuriating whilst it lasted

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

What browser though?

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

More complaints here

It's been running since Oct 21st - suprised you haven't noticed it in Speakers Corner . . . . ?

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Interesting read. I haven't seen it because I have FF with AB+.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I have stopped in my PC but the have not managed it with my Ipad 2.The thinking behind such an intrusive advert baffles me.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Sorry just got back,Useing IE9 on widows seven have not noticed it on my desktop but that is running vista and spyware blaster but having just read about spyblaster going to try that on this laptop. The Microsoft 365 advert only came on three times getting to this page. What are PCA management doing allowing such an advert taking over.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Additional help

2 hours seems unduly long for problems, even if the Ad is a pain. Maybe it coincided with the site problems.

In any event, having a second browser, eg Firefox or Chrome, is useful as well. You don't need to use it as a main browser if you are happy with IE.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

gengiscant - I get the ad being intrusive on my ipad if it thinks that I am not logged in. If it automaticaly logs me in or I haven't logged out then the ad is not intrusive.

However it is about time that PCA sorted this sort of thing out.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

robinofloxley, thanks for that . When I replied last on clicking post microsoft 365 took over again and brought the page to a stand still stopping everything I wonder if I sent the report to microsoft wether they would tell me it was an advert from themselves that did it LOL!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing