We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Medion Akoya P4323 Start Up Issue

darren.peers1@virginmedia.com

Likes # 0

Hi. I've got a new Medion desktop (refurb). When I hit the on/off button to start up it comes on for a few seconds and then goes off and you have to press it again to start the PC. Is this normal for medion PCs? I am told by their tech suport that all their PCs are like this and that this is a system test. But sounds strange to me and an inconvenience. Please help as I need to know whether to send back. Thank you.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I would suggest you change your user name sharpish - using your email address is likely to cause a flood of spam!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I have a different model and sometimes get a very slow start up.

Make sure you press the start button firmly I think maybe it is faulty switches they are using.Either that or faulty hard drives.

The only thing about sending it back for repair it has to go to Germany and it could take 3 or 4 weeks to get it back.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Is this normal for medion PCs? I am told by their tech suport that all their PCs are like this and that this is a system test

No its not normal, sounds like Bull.... from the tech support.

My Medion boots if button held for 2 secs.

Start and stop indicates failing PSU to my mind.

Like this post
ragingpup

Likes # 0

Thanks for advise. Problem is that their tech support bloke said that they wouldn't recognise it as a fault as all their new PCs are built this way. How can I proceed with this legally, prove that it is a fault?

Like this post
ragingpup

Likes # 0

Oh, and I should add that I have already sent it back once. As well as the 'fault' discussed above, it also didn't start immediately on the 2nd press - it waited for 5 seconds after the 2nd press and then started up 'on its own'!

I hoped that the 2 weeks it spent away from me in Germany for repair would solve both these issues. But it only solved the 2nd. I then phoned them and was told that the problem I initially posted about at top of this thread "was a 'system test'" and is not a fault.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

My Akoya has had this since I purchased it over 12 months ago. It is an irritation but I am now used to it.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I should add though, it ALWAYS starts on the second press.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

same problem myself some times it starts extremely slowly and I have to wait till it eventually finishes booting then I have to turn it off then back on again.

It is a nuisance but must be a common fault with Medion computers.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Summarise I switch the Mains switch on and the blue indicator light comes on and then goes off. Pressing the On button at that time and the PC starts every time OK.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

compumac

Never switch mine off at the main but understand what you are saying.

The blue light does come on if it switched of and on at the main.

I have other things on that switch so cannot switch it off overnight.

But certainly one to try if nothing else using the mains socket.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination