We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows.old on w7

sunnystaines
Resolved

Likes # 0

when I originally updated to w7 I deleted these files. recently had to reinstall w7 now cannot remember/find these files to delete. searching using w7 shows no result, also using cleanup in mycomputer doies not find them.

need some tips to help me remember

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It's doing well considering its unlocking windows files and the programs. I think you will still get the warning that Windows may not start if you select delete. I uninstalled an old Windows folder manually and got the same warning but it is to do with the folder not your running OS.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks everyone for helping.

after 6 hours unlocker completed and had deleted the offending folder

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ccleaner could not clear this folder from the recycle bin got stuck on 29% each time.

had togo to properties and reduce recycle bin to 500 to finally get shot of it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?