We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Packard Bell won't run on mains

kevrock09

Likes # 0

Hi My son has been gifted a Packard Bell Easynote model P5WS6. Unfortunately it came without a battery and will not run on mains alone. My quick and straightforward question is; 'Does this model require a battery inside it in order to work at all?' Thank you in anticipation Kev

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No it doesn't need a battery.

If won't power up and you are sure adaptor output is good then looking like a DC power jack or motherboard problem.

Like this post
kevrock09

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply Fruit Bat. The laptop came with no adapter either, but the voltage and amperage matched those on my partners laptop ie. 19V 3.42A, presuming this is all i need to match up, as it is a different make. Thanks again! Kev

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Size of jack plug can also make a difference

If its not making contact correctly on both inner and outer pins then it won't fire up.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Polarity! Centre positive or negative for the Easynote and what is on partners charger?

Like this post
kevrock09

Likes # 0

Thanks very much for your help guys. I think for the price of a charger, that's the way forward. Just relieved it's not going to cost me double that for a new battery. Take care and thanks again. Regards Kev

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK