We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer Problem

alba6

Likes # 0

I have a Canon Pixma iP4500 printer which has gone on the blink. When I print a 'Nozzle Check' the lines for the individual colours print OK but where the colours should be merged nothing prints. Printing in monochrome works although a bit pale. Printing in colour the first picture is almost OK then subsequent prints have alternate lines blank and the printed lines poor quality. Following pages get progressively worse until the printer is idle for a spell after which the first page is better and then the problem starts again. The cartridges have plenty ink but it looks to me as if the control of the cartridges is the problem. I have tried the cleaning and deep cleaning processes but that makes no difference.

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Here's what I would do:

1. Take the ink cartridges out of the printer and clean the contactors on the cartridges and their cradles. Here's how.

2. If that doesn't work, I would fit new cartridges.

Like this post
alba6

Likes # 0

Thanks Pineman100 that seems to have cured the problem. I cleaned the contacts and printed 2 'Nozzle Check' pages and they are perfect. Alister

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Jolly good. Please click on the tick beside my post above, so that it turns green.

Like this post
Bob Exeter

Likes # 0

Like this post
Bob Exeter

Likes # 0

Just browsing through the problem page and read your problem and the solution.

I have the identical printer and noticed that on full auto and best paper etc there is always a colour bias towards warm {red]. I have overcome this problem by setting the printer to manual and reducing Cyan by 25. This has cured the "warm" bias so the prints are almost identical to the screen and more realistic to the eye. Perhaps other users of this printer have a similar problem. Bob Exeter

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote