We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Directory corrupted W 7

Saltburner

Likes # 0

I have an IDE disk partitioned into two. The second half (K:) is fine but the first half (H:)has become unavailable to W7 and I get the message "File or directory corrupted and unreadable. I do not want to lose all my photos on this drive. Any suggestions?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not got a clue about this except maybe running chkdsk.

My computer.Right click H drive.properties.Tools.Check now.and tick both boxes.

Now I think that is how you do it.I have only checked C drive before.

maybe wait and see if you get the proper advice.

Like this post
Saltburner

Likes # 0

Thank you Buteman for your response but I'm afraid my problem is that Windows can't access the disk at all so I can't use any Windows tools on it.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

If you open my computer on the menu it should show the drives, highlight the problem drive, right click and select properties then select tools the option will be to check for errors

Like this post
Saltburner

Likes # 0

As I keep saying, I can't access the disk in W7. Anybody know if EASEUS DATA RECOVERY will help?

Like this post
Saltburner

Likes # 0

Very disappointed with the responses I got here. Solved in the end by replacing the cable but not before needlessly buying a new disk. No recovery programs worked!

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Very disappointed with the responses I got here. Solved in the end by replacing the cable but not before needlessly buying a new disk.

I take it thats not a thank you for the suggestions you had then.

It seems strange that you could access part of a drive but not another but then a change of cable sorted it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer