We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

do not save encrypted pages to disk ????

acein1

Likes # 0

hi,a little advice please,as you may or may not know,"internet explorer 9" will not open any "pdf" files,and i was told,thta the way to get it to work ,was to "untick" (do not save encrypted pages to disk)i have always had this box ticked, and im sure that i read somewhere that was the correct way to go,any advice on this would be appreciated thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You need the Adobe reader plugin for IE9 or if you already have it then you will need to set Adobe Reader as your default viewer for PDF files.

leave the tick in Do not save...

Like this post
acein1

Likes # 0

hi thanks ,but i use "foxit reader" instead of adobe ???

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

FoxIt Reader

If instead of Adobe Acrobat you happen to use Foxit Reader, click on Tools and then Preferences and then click on the Internet category on the left:

Like this post
acein1

Likes # 0

fruit bat,thanks,ive done that,but i still cant open my "tesco bills,or my orange mobiles,oddly i can open other pdf files in "my documents" ?????

Like this post
acein1

Likes # 0

ok ive unticked the box, and i can now open all pdf files,no problems so far,hope maby this info will help someone else

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures