We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Word 2003 copy problem

malcolm46

Likes # 0

I'm using microsoft word 2003. If I go to an online article and swipe and select copy for body text of said text, then go to word and right click to select PASTE from menu it's greyed out. If I go to article again, and right click the same still highlighted text and re-copy it will now have the paste command available. Anyone have a clue about this.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

I think the problem is the way the web page has been formatted.

Have you tried selecting paste special and selecting the option unformatted text.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The clipboard may be corrupted, or disabled. When you copy something it copy's it to the Clipboard so that you can paste it later. Check to see that the Clipboard service is enabled. Go to START , RUN, Type Services.msc. Look for clipboard and make sure its automatic, and enabled, and started. If it is. then you may need to try something else - it's unlikely but it could be a problem with your mouse.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Sometimes if Paste isn't available in the right-click context menu, the Ctrl+V key press will work.

Like this post
malcolm46

Likes # 0

Thanks guys for the quick replies, northumbria61 got it right, it was disabled in services, all ok now. Again thanks for the speed, Malcolm

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...