We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Was this error likely to be the result of a printer that isnt 100% compatible with vista?

theDarkness

Likes # 0

Was this error likely to be the result of a printer that isnt 100% compatible with vista? click here

The HP1350 printer printed out a page fine on its first attempt, but on the second page print attempt the printer hung. The page was listed as to be the next in the print queue, but nothing happened. I couldnt remove it from the queue. Turning the printer on and off and logging in and out made no difference, and then I got the above message. After restarting the laptop, it is working 100% again. No messages anymore after multiple print outs. Is the COMCTL32.dll in my message likely to be related to printer usage? Vista installs its own printer drivers, which recognised the printer when it was first plugged in via usb, although I know there are updated drivers on the HP site also. Im just not sure if the message is one to ignore, or if it may cause issues again in future? thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There are several different reasons and not necessarily your printer - enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Note - The comctl32.dll error message could apply to any program or system that might utilize the file on any of Microsoft's operating systems including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

its started again.. but this time the message is appearing when I right click on the avira icon on the bottom right of the screen to "auto update"?.. COMCTL32.dll "contains an error" yet if I restart the system I can easily get it working/updating once again. A random guess-could it be a conflict perhaps, with UAC or another program? Heres the pop up message :- http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7817/unledih.jpg

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Looking at your "pop-up" message (AVCentre.exe-Bad Image) it appears that the fault is with Avira. I don't use this but would suggest an uninstall/reinstall.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You don't have any other Anti Virus installed/running by any chance?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You could try registering the DLL manually following these instructions enter link description here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad