We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is this a good build for my new Gaming PC?

TheFallenTrojan

Likes # 0

Ok, let's get this clear. When people start talking about CPU's and Motherboard's, I am extremely confused and usually turn off. So I was wondering, is this a good build for a gaming PC?

AMD X4 Quad Core 3.1GHz

8GB RAM

2TB Hard Drive

ATI 6770 1GB Graphics

8x USB2

Gigabit Ethernet

DVD Writer

And then you've got the included crappy mouse and keyboard, the Windows 7 operating system and all that jazz.

My cousin who is into computers can't really explain it in normal non Jargon English left me these instructions:

Intel Core i5 2500k - £170

Motherboard - P67-No - Z68-Yes

CPU - Geforce 560Ti or 570 - Radeon 6870 or 6950

I am sticking to a budget of a maximum of £650 so if someone can give me some advice on parts and stuff it would be much appreciated.

PS: It's a desktop not a laptop, just though I should slip that in.

Like this post
TheFallenTrojan

Likes # 0

cool, thanks! I'll print it off and give it to my cousin and then the place where I am getting my computer built.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...