We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

virus on my pc threat all the time now !!!!!

paulhis777

Likes # 0

hello all i need help please went on my pc on the 21st then all these malyware threats kept on popping up i have never seen a threat like this !!!!! all my prorgrams no longer work i.e micro, word. msn. internet explorer.and many more when i try to open them they all say it has been moved or chainged so i have tryed to download msn and internet explore it wont let me do it it says the site is down im using these free MALWAREBYTES, AND AVAST and windows defender. IM USING WINDOWS XP and last night my sons pc went haywire all these threats kept on popping up my sons pc found a trojon and yet when i do a full scan it finds nothing !!!!! i also have 2 hard drives my second where i keep all my photo`s ect, any help please thank you paul

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

hello rdave downloaded exe file but i don`t think it has done anything ? some dos window came up it did not ask to do ant thing ? thanks paul

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It should import the file to the registry. Check in default programs that the reg file extension has its current default program set as the registry editor. I don't have XP but should be something like C:\Windows\regedit.exe

Some tips here

Then reboot.

Sometimes you can right click the extracted file and you can select 'merge' if showing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow