We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

virus on my pc threat all the time now !!!!!

paulhis777

Likes # 0

hello all i need help please went on my pc on the 21st then all these malyware threats kept on popping up i have never seen a threat like this !!!!! all my prorgrams no longer work i.e micro, word. msn. internet explorer.and many more when i try to open them they all say it has been moved or chainged so i have tryed to download msn and internet explore it wont let me do it it says the site is down im using these free MALWAREBYTES, AND AVAST and windows defender. IM USING WINDOWS XP and last night my sons pc went haywire all these threats kept on popping up my sons pc found a trojon and yet when i do a full scan it finds nothing !!!!! i also have 2 hard drives my second where i keep all my photo`s ect, any help please thank you paul

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

i`m finding it very alarming that i cannot enter these sites though firefox housecall and all mircosoft sites any help please sorry for posting sooooo many issures paul

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If on W/7 go to command prompt and type in sfc /scannow and press enter on the keyboard,if using XP they may ask you to insert the windows CD but not with W/7.

sfc /scannow will fix the false positives from Avast and your computer should then work Ok.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

I certainly wouldn't turn off system restore just yet!Wait untill the malware is cleaned and then clean old restore points.It is much better having an infected restore point that none at all!

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Can you get on the internet at all?If so do an online scan with this http://go.eset.com/us/online-scanner If you can't get online restart the computer and press f8 continually after the first beeb!You will see a list of options.Choose "Safe mode with networking" This should get you online where you can run the scan.Then download a fresh copy of malwarebytes and run that too! http://download.cnet.com/3001-8022_4-10804572.html?spi=72bf7fb3f8aac2f5c2524930618678c5&part=dl-10804572

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

hello i can go on the internet but all these sites you have ask me to go into firefox says sever is down but it is not down i can use the internetit seems if something is stopping me to do any kind of a scan !!!!! it will not let me into any of the site mentioned in here why?

these are some of the virus malware yuntyiif.sys infection win32:malware-gen win32:ramnit-h

thank you paul

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

who or what is preventing me entering these sites ? thank you paul

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

If you haven't already turned system restore off ty restoring to a date to before this started hapeening!Say a month or 2.That's if system restore will work.It's the malwrae/infections that is stopping you from running these programs.Did you try safe mode with networking?If you have a usb stick you could get a friend to download malwarebytes and superantispyware and run it from that?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Go into Avast quarantine and let us know what Virus or Trojan it found.

Or click on Avast Forum at the top to see if there is anything on there that helps.

http://www.avast.com/en-gb/support

Like I said I had the exact same problem due to a false positive from Avast and I fixed it using sfc /scannow.As you are using XP you would need the original XP CD for it to work.

You tried Safe mode.Did you try safe mode without networking as you are more likely to succeed doing a system restore on that.

You would need to pick a restore point before you had the problems.

Or maybe just try updating Avast to see if it fixes the fault.

You can also do a system repair but once again you need the XP cd to do that.

See if you can open internet options in control panel.If so go into connections.Lan settings.Make sure automatically detect settings is ticked.And underneath that if use a proxy server is ticked untick it as that's where trojan's and virus's hang out.If so once removed update all your security programs and run them.

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

thank you all and buteman did what you asked my pc came with no disc i had to create a master disc ialso had to master disc parkard bell sent me i have tryed all but keep say they are the wrong disc also cannot restore to an eary time i have had it tuned on it will not move to any bold date cannot even go back to sept, and again will not let me access any of the sites menitond i here as it is i can only use firefox to access the net i cannot download internet explore or msn !!!!!why is it preventing entery to these sites thank you for all your help in my 15 yeras of using a pc i have never seen the likes of this !!!!!!! what is it help!!!!!! thank you paul

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like I said I had the exact same problem with Avast and it's false positives.Could hardly open anything. I am just assuming that is your problem maybe it is not.

Can you go into avast and find out what virus trojan it was that was causing the problem.

If it says anything about Kernel 32.dll right click it and restore it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad