We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

virus on my pc threat all the time now !!!!!

paulhis777

Likes # 0

hello all i need help please went on my pc on the 21st then all these malyware threats kept on popping up i have never seen a threat like this !!!!! all my prorgrams no longer work i.e micro, word. msn. internet explorer.and many more when i try to open them they all say it has been moved or chainged so i have tryed to download msn and internet explore it wont let me do it it says the site is down im using these free MALWAREBYTES, AND AVAST and windows defender. IM USING WINDOWS XP and last night my sons pc went haywire all these threats kept on popping up my sons pc found a trojon and yet when i do a full scan it finds nothing !!!!! i also have 2 hard drives my second where i keep all my photo`s ect, any help please thank you paul

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

this is what i get if i try to enter all the sites in this post

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.microsoft.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

BUT I CAN ENETR ANY OHTER SITE OUT there THANK YOU PAUL

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

can i say i`m scanning all the time over and over all day with no luck windows denfender avast and malwarebytes they don`t find anything !!!! paul

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

NONTEK what is the link you posted paul

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This is the link for Rkill, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html See if you can download it from another PC.

Here's another link, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034 , that's to restore your hosts files to default. Again download the fix it to another PC and save to flash drive to run on the infected PC.

Another antivirus you can use to scan from a usb drive is http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/?lng=en

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

paulhis777 ... My link leads to a small program called rkill, if you read it all carefully as I suggested you should have a better understanding of it all. Also, follow the relevant links within that first page of explanation.

Same as per rdave13 above!

Basically rkill prevents the nasties from taking over your PC, allowing you to run Malwarebytes etc to clean it up.

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

Ultimately you may need to seek expert malware advice on forums already mentioned like

enter link description here

However as you have Avast maybe you could try scheduling a boot time scan with Avast to see if any malware remains or are you just dealing with the damage left over from removed malware as Avast's log suggests?

Things like Winsock Fix for XP may need to be run AFTER malware's removal to restore internet connectivity, which will also give a new hosts file.

Internet Explorer may need resetting, in IE from Menu Bar that's Tools/ Internet Options/ Advanced and click on the reset button, close and then reopen IE.

Sometimes you can remove malware but it comes back again from system restore points and quite often system restore needs turning off before running a scan, however I think only people with experience of dealing with specific malware could advise you on that. Also sometimes the damage from malware is that bad that formating and reinstalling windows is the only answer.

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

thank you all finaly able to download sas portable from sons pc it found 100`S from sons pc only a few from mine but the good news it found 2 trojans so now i`m able to view all those sites you have advised me to look at i shall also try what you have said in your last post thanks paul

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

paulhis777. Restore the hosts files first. Download Rkill and malwarebytes. Update MBAM first then run Rkill, allow if your security software gives an alert. Run MalwareBytesAntiMalware in full scan mode. Delete what it finds.

If after removal of the malware then Les28's post has some good advice.

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

thank you all so much for all of your help at last i think i`m free of these viruses well i hope soooooo

RDAVE13 how do i restore the host fils ? all of my programes no longer work mircosoft works i use word a lot but i can`t get to work thank you all once again for your kind help paul

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Hosts files restore link in my Post October 27, 2011 at 8:01AM post.

The virus removal has damaged your exe file association. Have a look here, dougknox and read the tips see if you can get " EXE File Association Fix (Restore default association for EXE files)" to work. Hopefully you have removed all your viruses.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)