We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

virus on my pc threat all the time now !!!!!

paulhis777

Likes # 0

hello all i need help please went on my pc on the 21st then all these malyware threats kept on popping up i have never seen a threat like this !!!!! all my prorgrams no longer work i.e micro, word. msn. internet explorer.and many more when i try to open them they all say it has been moved or chainged so i have tryed to download msn and internet explore it wont let me do it it says the site is down im using these free MALWAREBYTES, AND AVAST and windows defender. IM USING WINDOWS XP and last night my sons pc went haywire all these threats kept on popping up my sons pc found a trojon and yet when i do a full scan it finds nothing !!!!! i also have 2 hard drives my second where i keep all my photo`s ect, any help please thank you paul

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

thank you buteman no kernal32 there in the shield scan log the sererity was high all win32 propoly ramnit-h it said all were delated do you know why i cannot enter these download site i can`t even reinsatll internet explore or msn or avast thanks again paul

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If it's not a false positive then Ouch... http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=Trojan%3AWin32%2FRamnit.gen!A

"Trojan:Win32/Ramnit.gen!A is a generic detection for a trojan component of the Win32/Ramnit family. The malware uses the infection function of certain variants of Virus:Win32/Ramnit famiy, for example, Virus:Win32/Ramnit.AB. The trojan spreads by infecting files with certain file extensions. It also injects code into certain processes, and communicates with a remote server to receive certain instructions."

There is hope.

"Recovery: To detect and remove this threat and other malicious software that may be installed on your computer, run a full-system scan with an appropriate, up-to-date, security solution. The following Microsoft products detect and remove this threat:

* Microsoft Security Essentials
* Microsoft Safety Scanner"
Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

enter link description here

Read this very carefully and follow the instructions to the letter - this should solve your malware problems, though it does take a bit of time.

Be warned, the first time I used this on a friends computer, it took me several hours! BUT WAS TOTALLY SUCCESSFUL.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Right so you can connect to the internet using firefox but not Internet explorer?Go to internet explorer?Download malwarebytes and rename the mbam.exe file to paulhis.exe(before you safe it)Try and update and run it now.Also you can run the online scanner from firefox you just need to install an add on http://go.eset.com/us/online-scanner Go to internet explorer/tools/internet options and click on the advanced tab.Click Reset and restore advanced settings as malware propably changed your settings!

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Ignore the first "go to internet explorer" comment.That was for the last part about internet explorer settings!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Another tool that will help is SAS portable. Use another PC to download it and save. Either burn to CD or copy to a usb flash drive then run on the infected machine. Hopefully that will allow you to do an online scan. Did you check that use a proxy server box is unchecked in LAN settings as per buteman's post?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forgot the Link

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

thank you all !!!!! so much still cannot enter any of the sites just posted by you can`t even enter mircosoft sites or any security sites and still having loads of pop up trojan horse blocked win:32renos-(trj) i can enter any orher site on the internet something is stopping me donwloading any new updates or software to risd my pc of these threats a very sad man paul

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

yes proxy server box is unchecked paul

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.microsoft.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

BUT I CAN ENETR ANY OHTER SITE OUT THANK YOU PAUL

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes