We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How can I contact iTunes with a billing query?

sheila.weston
Resolved

Likes # 0

How can I contact itunes with a billing query. I am going round and round their website and keep being sent back to the beginning. Do they have a UK 'phone number or email address? This query is linked to my earlier one today about audiobooks transfer. They seem to have billed me for transferring an audiobook from my laptop to my ipod touch.

Thanks for any help.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Use the Express lane.

Click here to start a UK session

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Yes, I got as far as this. Then a message pops up saying that I may need to purchase a single incidence or support package. If I press 'continue' none of the options displayed are what I want to discuss. I need to speak to someone about transferring audiobooks from my laptop, which I have done, but appear to have been charge £25 for each transfer.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Sales Support

Check the status of a current Apple Online Store order. To make changes to an existing order, contact Apple Store Customer Service at 0845 600 1683 (low rate). Lines are open Monday-Friday 08:00-21:00, and Saturday-Sunday 09:00-20:00. Might help, from here.

Like this post  
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Many thanks, rdave. Just what I wanted and couldn't find. I'll report back.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

If they do offer your money back, they'll probably want to refund it to your credit card. The one you've cancelled...

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

onionskin

What an excellent point,methinks sorting this one out will be a pain.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

This is the problem when you are dealing with an internet based company with no fixed address as against a fixed builing (shop) where you can go back to.

If you have no problems, it can be a good thing, but when you need to talk to someone, it is not always easy (sometimes impossible-- Email only).

Personally I will not buy from a company on the Internet that does not have a Telephone contact and a company address on their website.

Terry

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Thanks all.I tried 'phoning the 0845 600 1683 number and got an automaton asking for details of my serial number and to explain the problem. I was then referred back to the website. Grrrr.... OR to pbone back in working hours. Read tomorrow's exciting installment.

Good point about the cancelled credit card problem, onionskin. I'll be ready for it.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Today I phoned 0845 600 1683 again and eventually got through to a real person. The 'team' are in Cork. He took down all the details, including my email address, and he said that someone would contact me within 24 hours. Amazingly, he agreed to send me his own email address and it arrived two minutes later. Await the next instalment..........

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Over two days later I received an email from iTunes saying that they were sorry to hear about my problem and advising me to cancel my credit cards - and to have a nice day! I replied that I had done this and I sent the details of amounts and dates which had been deducted and could they tell me exactly what these amounts were for.

Two days later a reply came back saying that they were sorry etc etc and advising me to change cancel my credit card. I replied asking them to kindly answer my question. An hour or so later I had a reply saying that they were unable to locate the purchases from the information I provided as the purchases were not iTunes-made purchases and to have a nice day! Meanwhile I found two entries on my NEW credit card with charges totalling £25. More phone-calls and I have cancelled the second card and am managing with a debit card until the bank have sorted the problem out.

I do not understand how the second credit card could be charged as I haven't given the details to anyone. Perhaps the bank transferred the charge. More 'phone calls to the bank...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone