We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to print to a Xerox DocuPrint P8ex from 64 bit laptop Windows 7

nucom

Likes # 0

This printer worked fine with Vista (plug & played) but will not work with new Windows 7 64 bitlaptop. I attempted to download driver from Xerox, but apparently their latest version available is Windows 2000, which may be for 32 bit computers.

The printer is an old workhorse but in good condition, and although I do have an ink jet printer which I frequently use, I need a laser printer to enable me to do Foiling in my crafts. I also recently bought a new toner cartridge, so I am reluctant to 'bin' the Xerox.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can overcome this problem?

And/or, if all else fails, would it help to change my laptop to 32 bit, and can this be done easily?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This may help Fixya for Xerox W7

Like this post
nucom

Likes # 0

Wow! 3 possible solutions when I hardly dared hope for one.

Thank you so much Woolwell.

Like this post
nucom

Likes # 0

Oh dear, I'm still printer driverless.

I tried the downloads under solutions 2 of the link given (Fixya for Xerox W7), but when I tried to run them after downloading, a message popped up to advise that PNF files are not supported so I would need to know which software would open them, or there could be registry problems.

Then when I tried to follow the third suggestion given on the link (copied below), which at first looks quite straight forward, I found I couldn't follow the "steps to install".

Eg. I couldn't "Right click on DocuPrint P8ex" or request "Update Driver Software" or the following steps, as the printer hasn't been installed on my computer.

I suspect the problem is because I am not really computer savvy so I'm not understanding the instructions in some way.

I also tried to download "Fuji Xerox AP-II C2200 PCL 6" and "FX AP-II C2200 PCL" without success as I couldn't find exact matches. I even tried downloading another PCL printer driver but then realised I didn't know how to connect the downloaded driver to my Xerox DocuPrint P8ex printer.

Can anyone help or point out where I am going wrong? Any advice or comments would be very much appreciated.

"The Xerox DocuPrint P8ex understands PrinterControlLanguage of version 5e or 6 (PCL 5e or PCL 6). So actually you can use driver from every printer supports PCL 6. Driver for "Fuji Xerox AP-II C2200 PCL 6" working very well for me on Windows 7 64bit.

Steps to install: From Device Manager -> Other devices ->Right click on DocuPrint P8ex -> Update Driver Software -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Double click Printers -> Fuji Xerox from Manufacturer -> FX AP-II C2200 PCL -> Next"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...