We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Audiobook transfer from library website to ipod cost me £25!

sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Help! I have just checked my credit card account and see that I have been charged approximately £25 for each of five audiobooks which I have downloaded from our local library. What have I done wrong? The library assures me that there should be no charge.

The books were in wma format, I opened them in overdrive and then attached the ipod, as directed and selected the transfer option. When I attached the ipod itunes opened up and the ipod screen showed SYNC.

I have contacted my bank, who are looking in to it. Meanwhile I have cancelled my credit card. Do I have to be signed up to an itunes account?

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

I don't have an ipod so I don't know anything about them but it looks like you purchased the audiobooks from the istore. How could your local library have your credit card details?

I wouldn't have thought that you need an itunes account to use Overdrive.

The only thing I can see in the Overdrive instructions is the bit about setting your ipod to manually manage music. See below.

What requirements are there for transferring OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks to Apple devices? •OverDrive Media Console v3.2.0.5 (or newer) for Windows or OverDrive Media Console for Mac v1.0 (or newer). •iTunes v9.1 (or newer) for Windows or iTunes v7.6.2.9 (or newer) for Mac. •On Mac, iTunes v9.1 (or newer) is required for transferring to the iPad. iTunes v8.1.0.52 (or newer) is required for transferring to the iPod shuffle. •The device must be formatted for use with your operating system. •The device must be set to 'Manually Manage Music…'

How do I set my Apple device to 'Manually Manage Music…'? 1.Connect your device to your computer. 2.Open iTunes. 3.Locate the device in the left navigation panel (under heading 'DEVICES'), and click the device. The 'Summary' screen is displayed. 4.Place a checkmark next to 'Manually manage music…'. 5.Click 'Apply'. The iTunes 'Summary' screen refreshes, and your changes are saved.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

I see you've posted another message while I was composing the one above. I hope you get a refund but at least you should find out what went wrong.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...