We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Avira Antivirus

March Wind
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am updating my avira Free Antyivirus. could you tell me do I have to click on all the arrows to download or install? some of them say the same but have different MB

Available for Windows or Unix.

Avira Free Antivirus Date Version Type Size
Avira Free Antivirus ? ? Oct 13, 2011 12.0.0.855 sfx 79,6 MB more infos ? ?
Avira Free Antivirus ? ? Oct 13, 2011 12.0.0.855 zip 88,96 MB more infos ? ?
Avira Free Unix/Linux ? ? Apr 12, 2011 3.1.3.5-0 zip 54,46 MB more infos ? ?
Avira Free Key ? ? Jul 25, 2011 2012.09.30 key 1 B more infos ? ?
User Manual - Avira Free Antivirus ? ? Oct 4, 2011 pdf 1,19 MB more infos ? ?
User Manual - Avira AntiVir Personal (Unix) ?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I am not sure why the first two have different size MB without actually seeing them but I would download the first one. I am assuming you have a Windows operating system so the thitd choice is not for you and again I am assuming that you have been using Avira for sometime and you have already registered and have got your free key so you do not need that either. Anything else is not needed unless of course you want to read the user manual.

Like this post  
March Wind

Likes # 0

Thank you for your reply . I finally did what you suggested, now I have the latest Avira 2012. One more thing puzzles me and that is when I had downloaded the latest, it came up with a message Find Out More about it. When I clicked on it they were trying to get me to buy or try the trial version also there was a free download. which I had just downloaded. sorry it took so long for me to come back on this I have been very very buss with home refurbishment

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

That is usual, they,like most companies that have free versions of their software, are trying to get you to buy the paid for version. It is just something you have to put up with, the constant nags to buy.

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

As a long-time [free] Avira user, to be fair to them, once a day only, (normally at PC start-up), it comes up with this message (which is dismissed with a single click). This isn't nearly as 'naggy' as other free software which I have used and TBH I don't think it is unreasonable when you consider that their free offering is consistently considered to be one of the leading free AV solutions, as well as being regularly updated and having daily signature updates.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room