We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

slow video in browser

bemuzed

Likes # 0

When I watch video in a browser such as youtube it is OK for 1-2 minutes then gets jumpy for about 30 secs and restarts. Task Manager shows that jumpy video coincides with CPU usage jumping to 100%, but I cannot see any application or Process causing this jump. Happens with Firefox and Chrome.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Are you updated to the latest flash player, Adobe.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

what connection speed have you and anything else running at the same time?

johnny

Like this post
bemuzed

Likes # 0

Adobe is up to date and internet speed is 3Mbps. It plays DVDs OK.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

At 3 Mbs, I assume that is the Maximum speed, which is rather slow for Video watching, escecially if the video's are in a High defination format. DVD's are a different subject as they run via the Processor & graphic card and do not rely on an external source.

It seems that the automatic quality control ( adjust video input to match your computer) has been upgraded and you now have to set it yourself.

Have a look at link for further advice.

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=youtube+-+adjust+quality&pbx=1&oq=youtube+-+adjust+quality&aq=f&aqi=g-b1&aql=1&gssm=e&gsupl=6062l13703l1l14234l19l13l0l2l2l0l859l4702l2-6.3.3.0.1l14l0&bav=on.2,or.rgc.rpw.,cf.osb&fp=6070734588b6ef9b&biw=1024&bih=535

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback