We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best Free software to reduce photo sizes

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good evening. My friend just rang me for some information please. She is after some totally 100% free software that can be used to resize photos to make them smaller...something easy to use. many thanks

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

Both IrfanView and Paint.Net will resize photos and both are free and easy to use.

IrfanView http://www.irfanview.com/maindownloadengl.htm

Paint.NET http://www.getpaint.net/

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'd go for Paint. Plenty of tutorials if you use a search engine.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

the link for paint gets a red wot reading

johnny

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

Or you could try ShrinkPic

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

WOT readings are from people who do not read web pages properly. Dumped WOT a long time ago. Shite - in my humble opinion .

Alternative download site if need be, cnet.

Like this post
Wuggy

Likes # 0

To rdave 13 WOT readings are from people who do not read web pages properly. Dumped WOT a long time ago. Shite - in my humble opinion .

Looks like you may be in a minority of one.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Wuggy Possibly but read what the punters say on some sites. A lot are disgruntled by the service they received but you only read one side of the argument. That's why I dumped WOT as it is not very reliable. I prefer McAfee's site advisor who are mainly concerned about possible links to malware sites.

Like this post
Wuggy

Likes # 0

Firefox disables McAfee Site Advisor on my PC due to instabiity and crashes. No way round it as far as I can see even with McAfee SEcurity installed so WOT does fine for me.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Strange? I use FF as a second browser, version 7.0.1, and McAfee site advisor runs OK.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

julius44

My apologies, we are deviating from your original thread, so will no longer post as you are getting emails no longer pertaining to your problem.

Paint.Net is a non pervasive program and will do all you need in my humble opinion.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015