We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free Music Download Sites

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Is there any way to easily ascertain if a free music download site is kosher?

I have been compiling a 60s disc lately and it suddenly occurs to me that I might be guilty of some dodgy practices.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Music is copyrighted for 50yrs soon to be 70yrs

assuming you have all these tracks on CD/ record I believe it is legal to back them up to another media for your own use otherwise CD ripping would be illegal :0)

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I use Audials8, a(paid for) programme that lets you record from FM radio - via their search software (a bit like recording Top of the Pops on tape all those years ago). It scans thousands of FM radio broadcasts and saves in MP3 format that you can edit (fade, cut out disc jockeys etc) You can select by genre, artist, track etc,but obscure stuff rarely gets an airing. At least there ane no viruses etc and it is no more illegal if for own use than those old days of taping from the radio.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...