We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with burning Audio CD's please

Boe_James
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I've downloaded some MP3's then used Windows Media Player, Burrrn & Nero to burn them onto CD-R (brand DATACELL) My cd player does state it is CD-R/RW compatable, but after i burned my disks and went to play them it just keeps saying 'NO DISK'. So i tried to play the Audio Disk on my laptop it was jumpy from start to finish. I'm not sure what ive done wrong, so if i could have a little help with this one i'd really appreciate it, Thanks guys.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

from your post i get the impression you used -R disc which may not be compatible with your player hence the message?

johnny

Like this post
Boe_James

Likes # 0

Thanks Johnny, but as i said, my stereo states on it that it is compatabale with -R/RW disks, so i dont understand why that would be the problem.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Does your stereo play MP3's? Check original downloads if they play correctly.

Like this post
Boe_James

Likes # 0

rdave13>>>>

original downloads play perfectly & my stereo doesn't play MP3's but after doing quite abit of research i was under the impression that nero, WMP & Burrrn converted to MP3's automatically to a normal audio formatt when burning.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In WMP press the alt key select tools, options and the rip music tab.If it's ripping auyomatically untick the box and try Windows Media Audio or WAV (lossless)

Like this post  
Boe_James

Likes # 0

Thank you, i'll give it a try.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

and?

johnny

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

johnnyrocker

Possibly Boe_James has too many 'Burning' programs on his PC. Forget WMP as that is part of the OS. I think that having more than one 'burner' creates problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more