We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live Mail - Hotmail Problem

Scrivers

Likes # 0

Is anybody else experiencing problems with Window Live Mail/Hotmail. I keep getting a message "Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail account ... Server Error: 0x80048849. Server:'https:/mail.services/live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/sync/aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID:0x80040049" This is causing a number of problems especially in sending & receiving mail. Anybody help or shed light on this one?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Not finding any trouble with Windows Live Mail myself but might want to try and repair Windows Live Mail Click Here the only error I can see in the text is that Control Panel, Uninstal a Programme gives you the option of Uninstal/Change. If you click on that you will get the Repair option.

Like this post
Scrivers

Likes # 0

Thanks chub_tor. I've uninstalled the entire Windows Live Essentials suite of programmes & re-installed from fresh download and I'm still getting the error messages. When I send an email, it goes into the outbox instead of being sent. It then takes forever to send itself, often only after I close and start Windows Mail a few times.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What anti-virus are you running? A google search indicates that this is a common snag

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days