We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Favourites location

collinsc

Likes # 0

Hi

I am looking at a favourites folder on:

computer>acer (c)>users> my name>favorites and i think this is an old list of favorites as it has many i deleted yrs ago! can i delete these favorites? where might my other favorites be stored?

i am using google chrome and i am the only user of this laptop.

thanks!

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

As you refer to "Favorites" I assume you are using Internet Explorer. The quickest way to find your current favorites folder is to press your Windows key + R and then in the Run box type "favorites" (without inverted commas). Enter, or click OK.

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

thanks, that has taken me to a diff folder, i am using chrome now (which i appreciate is bookmarks) - looks like the old IE favorites are stored also

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

scratch that last post! they arent duplicated... it is just the favorites in the folders are not the truth about the favourits i have in chrome i.e. a folder shows a link to 5 pages, i actualy have about 30 links... why arent they showing!?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin. Thanks for that - note you correctly spelt it the US way - favorites. When I tried favourites it came up with some of my music stuff!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...