We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iMac / iPad Problem

rawprawn
Resolved

Likes # 0

In my innocence about all things Apple, I had an iPad into which I put a password for I Tunes to allow me to buy Apps and allow me to sync with my old Windows 7. I have since bought an iMac which asked to be updated to I Cloud from Mobile me. I mistakenly thought I had to put in a new password which I did. Here is the problem I cannot buy anything unless I use the iPad password or update anything except what it updated in I tunes. iCloud now has no criteria from which to update using the new password I entered. I cannot now update Documents etc thru I Cloud and I can only update Addres Calendar etc thru the original account set up. I cannot Delete the second account, although I am told I can delete all information on it but I am not sure that would work. I would be very grateful if anyone can help me out of this self inflicted mess. RP

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Does this help for the iCloud password?

And this for the iPad?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Good morning john drew, unfortunately changing the password is not the answer. I need to be able to either delete one of the registered sign ins, or find a work around. I am fortunate that I am not using the iPad for work, so not having documents on it is not causing any great problem. However I would like to get it working properly. Thanks for your respond RP

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you accidentally created 2 Apple id's? Does this help at all Apple support

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell, yes I have looked at that earlier. The problem is if I use I Tunes ID I can sync everything except Documents. However if I then connect using the ICloud ID it shows it can download everything, bu it shows that there is nothing in any of the download options ie Documents as though it is not seeing my iMac at all.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Can you delete the icloud id and insert the itunes id instead? Suspect that you have tried that.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Woolwell Hi yes I have, you can only delete on your computer or iPad, but the account remains in ICloud. As I mentioned earlier I have heard that although you cannot delete the account,but you can delete all information in it. Problem with that is I don't know if that would solve my problem or simply dig a deeper hole. Thank you for trying to help

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Apple will not let you merge the accounts so I think that you may have to get rid of one. But I am far from sure as I only have an iPad not a Mac.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

As I said as far as I know you. Cannot delete an account

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm grasping at straws - Have you seen this Multiple id on ios5?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Yes I'm afraid so, I have done as he suggests but when it connects it shows that there is nothing to download (or sync)I think I may well have to accept that I made a mistake that I cannot correct. I will leave the thread open and I WILL KEEP TRYING. Thank you for your help. I used to be in the Wool Trade, your name interests me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...