We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to install printer drive to win 7

slktec

Likes # 0

Recently I got Samsung Printer which is Ml-8065. It doesn't have win 7 driver but vista. I just add(Add Printer button in Devices & Printers section) it as normal. After giving the test page, It won't print. I troubleshoot it. But it couldn't find the Problem. But Once I was troubleshooting It detects one error which says that printer prevents there's another print job ongoing so current job stops. Now that problem is solved. I connected it via usb to parallel cable which is bought from eBay. That product name is 'USB IEEE 1284'. This cable has not any problem because I check it & printer with win XP based PC. Please pay Your Kind attention to this matter.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

usueing the Add A printer it the devices pannel is not always the best method to install it. I always install a printer by putting the supplied CD in the drive and allow it to install from there. The Samsong support web site will have win 7 drivers ( if they are not on the installation disc) which you can download and your manual should give you all the information you need how to check whats in the queue for printing

Like this post
slktec

Likes # 0

@ sharpamat

This is used printer, so I didn't get driver CD. Samsung doesn't support this printer anymore.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Whilst it May be an Older Printer A quick search shows they are still available They also are still supported If you contact Samsung support, they should direct you to drivers and a manual for your printer. The first contact may be where you obtained the printer fro, because without the drivers your problem will be hard to sort out

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Just had a look on Samsong Support which is the same style of many other makers. your printer is listed with manuals and drivers inc Win 7 all you have to do is download them, I would suggest you save to a file then put them on a disc

Like this post
slktec

Likes # 0

I downloaded the driver & installed it but It won't work properly. I don't understand why? I can not print.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

As its not a new printer it may well be faulty, again Samsong Support is the best place to answer this. From them you should be able to download a manual which may have a page listing how to test to see if its working

Like this post
slktec

Likes # 0

Ok I'll try that, Thank You

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...