We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bookmark 97 Tabs?

platters

Likes # 0

In bookmarks at the bottom of the list I have a tab which says '97 unsorted bookmarks'when opened.When I opened the tab all these bookmarks ran along the top of the screen waiting to be opened.They are all old sites that I have visited.I have tried to remove these tabs individually but they will not go.How do I remove this tab called 'unsorted bookmarks' from the Bookmark section(Monzilla Firefox+Windows7)The system will not allow me to delete 'unsorted bookmarks'.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You need to empty the 'Unsorted Bookmarks' folder, you can't delete it. It is supposed to be there.

In the top bar (File Edit View History Bookmarks etc...) click on 'Bookmarks' and then 'Organise Bookmarks' Then in the left pane click on 'Unsorted Bookmarks'. They will now be displayed in the right pane.

Now left click anywhere in the right pane, next hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and press 'a'. You should now have all the items selected. Rightclick on mouse and then choose 'Delete'

Like this post
platters

Likes # 0

Thanks.All have gone.

Like this post
platters

Likes # 0

Thanks. All have gone.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers