We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Start-up/Close down page

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

It seems that programs I've just used are no longer being added to the list on this page. It was useful to have these easiiy available. Can you tell me how to activate this again?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

It seems that programs I've just used are no longer being added to the list on this page

Can you be more specific - which page? Are you talking about your Start/Menu - Recent Items?

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Yes, sorry, northumbria61 - - - The Start Menu, which used to add programs recently used - but now doesn't! I'm using XP home.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It can only hold so many at the one time.Have you tried removing some on it that you no longer need.Just right click it and and click on remove from the list.or you can remove them all and they will start again one at a time as you use them.

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Hi butemaan - - All that's on the left side of the Start Menu is "Internet" and "E-mail". Other programs used to appear as recently used, and I could remove (or keep) them as you've said - but none are added now.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Right click on the task bar and select Properties

Click the Start Menu tab

Against Start Menu select Customize

In the Program section under the General tab select the number of programs you would like to see displayed on the Start menu (don't select more than about 6 or your system will complain).

Then click OK - Apply and OK.

Like this post  
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks Sea Urchin! Got it back as you said. Seems I learn something new every day!

Thanks to all! Much appreciated!

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Glad you've resolved your problem - thanks for the feedback

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made